Spectacle lens cleaner

Fairy contains salt.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

And on smart-phone and tablet screens for that matter.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I have some travel shirts (Rohan) which I wear a lot. Very thin, close weave, polycotton type material. useless for cleaning glasses. So they sew a rectangle of suitable glass-cleaning material on the inside of the bottom hem.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sounds like a waste of good beer.

Also the alcoholic content may be quite low.

Whoosh------------------------------------------------>

Reply to
Judith

Just buy some impregnated glasses wipes from Aldi or Lidl.

(If they are really dirty just wash them in water+washing-up liquid first)

Reply to
Judith

That is exactly what I've done for years, save I use cotton wool to apply the soap and water. No smears.

I carry a few Aldi glasses cleaners in case I happen to pick up any smudges during the day etc.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Not bog roll, wood fibre is surprisingly abrasive. Use your tee-shirt.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

In the days before I wore multicoated specs, I used to use spray furniture polish like Pledge or Mr Sheen to clean my lenses.

I got very good results with no optical problems and the slippery finish kept spots of dirt at bay. Highly recommended.

Reply to
pamela

I don't often find the need to clean my glasses more than once a day. I clean them first thing when I'm getting dressed, using the back side of the fresh pair of cotton underpants I'm about to wear to wipe my breath off of the lenses.

A guaranteed fresh clean cotton polishing 'cloth' every time and whatever tiny amount of 'dirt' that gets picked up is of no consequence since it's trapped on the outer surface which only comes into contact with the inner surface of whatever trousers, usually a pair of jeans, I happen to be wearing that day.

I'll give them a clean with ordinary hand soap and running water about once every few months or so or whenever I feel such 'extra care' is required when they become contaminated with something best not dealt with in the usual way (usually grease smears or splashes).

Reply to
Johnny B Good