Spammed by Screwfix?

"Chris Ward" wrote | It might also illegal. About the one thing that the Data Protection Act | does actually forbid is the use of personal data for Direct Marketing | when you have informed the company concerned not to use the data for | that purpose. ... | The crucial question is what "such period as is reasonable in the | circumstances" might mean. And you can't pick and choose about the | type of direct marketing it would seem. If you're happy to receive | catalogues from them then you're accepting that they can use the | data for direct marketing.

But the personal data required for postal marketing is different from that required for email marketing, so you could consent to your postal address being used for marketing, but not consent to your email addr or telephone being used for this purpose.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Make that content.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Oh yes it has! - sorry, having a seasonal moment. ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

The Boulder Pledge doesn't say "I won't buy anything from a spammer", but rather "I won't buy anything advertised in spam". Of course, you're perfectly at liberty to create and implement your own stricter pledge (the Gloucester Pledge, perhaps?), but it won't be the Boulder Pledge.

Simon Blake

Reply to
Simon Blake

Fair comment Simon. *I* prefer not to do business with spammers at all. I've stopped using Onetel too as they keep getting Indian telemarketers to harass me by phone!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

You might be right, but I can't find anything in the Data Protection Act that separates data into separate categories as you suggest, except for "sensitive" data; for example information about the health of a data subject.

Chris Ward.

Reply to
Chris Ward

Good grief man. Hit the delete key and get on with your life for pity's sake.

I get over 120 spams a day - yes it's annoying but spam filter puts it in a spam folder and it's deleted.

I'm sure they had a great laugh when they got your invoice!

Reply to
Roger

Oh look everybody "Huge" has *plonked* me.

Oh the shame, how could you do such a thing, life just isn't worth it if "Huge" isn't reading my posts.

Like anyone's bothered!

Read my lips "get a life" plonker.

Mike P.

Reply to
Mike P

Oh look everybody "Grunff" has *plonked* me.

Oh the shame, how could you do such a thing, life just isn't worth it if "Grunff" isn't reading my posts.

Like anyone's bothered!

Read my lips "get a like" plonker.

Mike P.

Reply to
Mike P

Oh look everybody "Huge" has *plonked* Tony.

Oh the shame, how could you do such a thing, life just isn't worth it if "Huge" isn't reading Tony's posts.

Like anyone's bothered!

Read my lips "get a like" plonker.

Mike P.

Reply to
Mike P

In message , Mike P writes

I think we all know who needs to get a life...........

Reply to
chris French

Too busy worrying about spam ? ;-)

Steve