Sources for replacement gazebo canopy

I've got a rectangular gazebo approx 4m x 3m. It's just over two years old, and the canopy is starting to split and perish. The painted steel frame is still in perfect condition though.

I'm looking for a replacement canopy, but a google search only turns up replacement parts for certain makes like argos. I'm not sure of the make of mine - I got it from a garden centre.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to get reasonable generic or custom made replacement canopies?

Reply to
Caecilius

They are available - often for the open-air-market sector. Does yours have a label showing the manufacturer..? These things are 'big' in France etc - when I wanted a market umbrella (3m x 3m with legs, side-sheets etc) there were precious few hits in Google until I translated 'market umbrella' into French - then there were many more results.

Camping suppliers are the other option..?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

You could try people who fabricate hoods for boats. Generally small local businesses. Google a few of the Boat Magazines for ads or try Apolloduck. It's not going to be cheap. We threw away our last (B&Q) Gazebo when the cover wore out but we got a fair few years out of it. Current Marks and Spencers one is lasting no better.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Take the old one apart and use the piece as a pattern for new parts and get the sewing machine out! This is the D-I-Y group after all!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin