Rain Gutter for Gazebo?

I built a 8-sided screened gazebo attached to my low deck. It sits on a yard with a fairly steep slope. When it rains, the water runs off the roof and is causing erosion and a small gully down the sloping lawn. I've thought about putting a border of small shrubs/flowers with mulch around the base to absorb the water or a border with gravel, but I'm concerned that the mulch or stones will just wash away as well.

I've considered a rain gutter to channel the water down the back side. But I can't seem to find gutter parts that have 22-degree corners and something "low profile" that doesn't cover the decorative ends of the rafters. Standard gutters look too big and seem like overkill for the need.

Any ideas?? Thanks!!

--Jeff

Reply to
jbxnyr

Bend 2" EMT into whatever shape you want, and then split it lengthwise.

Reply to
Goedjn

Reply to
camel_J

Along the lines of your second response, there are people who don't have gutters on certain structures for historical or asthetic reasons, but what they'll often do is relocate their gutters to the ground in a sense by digging out a V-shaped trench around their structure which is bottom-lined with impermiable plastic and then filled with perforated drainage line surrounded by gravel, topped off with geotextile fabric (to keep dirt out) and another layer of gravel. The drainage line takes the water far away from the foundation.

The pipe leading away can (and should) be solid, not perforated.

Reply to
mike

I would go with the rocks/plants option. Unless you have a huge gazebo, the run-off from any one section shouldn't be very much. Also gutters and downspouts will look out of place on your gazebo.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright