Source of 15mm piezo element sounder

I'm looking for a small piezo element sounder (for a GPS watch) that's 15mm in diameter.

I'd normally just order from ebay for something like this but there doesn't seem to be anything that small in diameter there. (For example:

)

Any recommended sites where I can buy just the one without being stung horrendously for P&P?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Have you tried the makers? Or just buy a cheap watch with an alarm from a market stall.

Reply to
John Williamson

Nope, but given that they don't supply batteries, new screens or other parts I think it's unlikely that they'll supply one. No harm asking I suppose though.

They usually have no wired contacts, using springy electrodes to make electrical contact. I need one with wires attached (which I've never seen in a watch). Never tried soldering to one so I'm not sure how easy that would be.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In article , Tim+ writes

You may want to think out of the box and dismantle a subminiature piezo buzzer, I'm sure I've seen a few smaller than the more usual 25mm.

The last 2 PCs I built came with tiny piezo speakers for connection to the mobo speaker pins but they were probably closer to 10mm dia.

Maybe CPC for the buzzer idea.

Reply to
fred

I'm looking for a small sounder to replace a bulb in a continuity tester that runs on 1.5v AA. I can no longer see the light. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What about buying a watch with an alarm from a pound shop and just cannibalising it.

Reply to
alan