SOT - Stupid car locks

I've got a Nissan Micra

It has central locking with single (hidden) key entry point on the passenger door.

when my CL fails, which it does all too frequently (it seems to be the sensor not the key) you obtain entry using the key on the passenger door which unlocks that door only.

But (something in) the act of getting in and driving off unlocks all the doors.

So when you stop you have all the doors unlocked, and a key which *only* locks the passenger door - all the other doors remaining unlocked and there seems to be no way to lock them.

What nutcase designed this system!

And this is technological progress (well the 10 year ago version)

tim

Reply to
tim...

there's your mistake

Reply to
tabbypurr

Try here, this lot are quite helpful.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Is there really no way to lock the doors from the inside?

Reply to
Adrian

Have you read the instructions? Maybe you have to "pair" the key and car again so the remote central locking works again?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Have you Googled to find out if there is a cure? Most CL systems are pretty reliable. If yours doesn't work because of lack of signal or local interference there might be a work round.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When you need a car "by tomorrow" and prefer to drive small cars, you have to take what's on offer.

Reply to
tim...

Yes

but they *all* open again as soon as you open one of the doors to get out

tim

Reply to
tim...

Yes (I had a spare hour waiting in the repair shop one afternoon)

There is next to nothing in there about "fixing" the central locking

It does work "again", it's just that the period of time between it not working and it working is random

Usually what happens is it refuses to work to open, so I use the key, and by the time I have got to my destination it has corrected itself so I can lock it.

The difficulty occurs when it decides not to work at the end of the journey to lock it. Usually, I then have no choice but to leave it unlocked overnight, and by the next morning it works.

But I'm about to go on holiday for 2 weeks and it will be left outside my house, so I prefer not to take the risk of it sitting unlocked for that time if it doesn't fix itself by tomorrow

tim

Reply to
tim...

Can you not climb out through the boot?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

If they know the answer

90% of the threads have zero replies

Google got me to "justanswer.com" but that want paying for the answer (if satisfied!)

tim

Reply to
tim...

Hm,

It's always in the same place when it doesn't work

I suppose it could be someone else using a different remote interfering with it

tim

Reply to
tim...

Right .......... it was a while ago ...

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Ahhhhhhhh, now then! We also have a Micra. When we drive past a certain place the hatchback unlocks itself.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

That's one of "the doors"

tim

Reply to
tim...

Could be lots of things. A faulty switch mode power supply somewhere putting out lots of RF rubbish, etc. Car remotes are very low powered, so easily swamped.

Have you tried the remote in different places - ie walk round the car trying it? I dunno where the aerial is sited in yours.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's more likely to be some local interference such as Police radio systems, bridge control (my bike remote refused to work near a Gent Terneuzen canal bridge) or something of that sort.

Reply to
cl

though I haven't tried the holding it to my head trick!

no neither do I

tim

Reply to
tim...

Yep.

Richard

It's under the dashboard - aye. Did you read my post about the hatchback in my Micra unlocking when driving in a certain place?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire