SOT: electric vehicle cars

How about the 'natural' noise the formual E cars make.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Oh c'mon. Putting other road users to sleep is not how you improve road safety.

Is what you want in London Traffic.

Or possibly this

The Natural Philosopher

Oh Noes! might as wll have a chorus of remoaners whining up the front!

The Natural Philosopher

The next new model is the R110, 41kWh and110bhp but cannot be rapidly charged.

Sounds like no car with ever 'fit you like a glove'.

The current Zoe 'upmarket model' - the Dynamique Nav which has the

41kWh battery just has satnav and a higher specced trim, and is available in both quick charge (43kW) or standard charge (22kW) versions

- hardly 'unfit for purpose'.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Thanks. I think your description is clearer than Renault's is :-)

Reply to
Scott

This is quite good:

Or, for my personal nostalgia:

Bob Eager

They have always had that. It can be turned off by the driver. They are actually illegal in the UK. Except when reversing.

harry

It might be a good indicator of speed. Would it go toot toot if it got above 20mph?

Of course that's an interesting design, Rootes made some cool stuff, but does it sound different than a more conventional blown 2-stroke diesel?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yeah, my mum told me about them.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Nice but I prefer this :)

The Other Mike

You really are pretty stupid. Steam cars once held the land speed record, 1

26mph in 1906.

And today

harry

Orgasmic

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Exactly 11 years ago. GNER had the most tasteful livery IMO.

Reply to
Scott

Orgasmic? What's orgasmic about an old, dirty, slow, uncomfortable, desperately obsolete piece of scrap spewing clouds of carcinogenic filth into the air?

I've wager it was late, too.

This is what a decent modern railway looks like;

Huge

I prefer the ability to scare the shit out of inconsiderate walkers rambling down the middle of our local roads when I select electric mode in my hybrid.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I used to love doing that.

I used to come up quietly behind them, trickling along on my motorbike, then blow the horn.

I had Maserati air horns.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Are the japanese staff and passnegers mandatory?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I had a set off a US Locomotive on my Van , one of the best uses was when a drunk young executive type tried to impress his entourage by stepping into the road from the outside seating area of a City street pub one Friday lunchtime where they were indulging in a POETS session. I think he was intending to stop the traffic for some reason, we were only doing about 15mph due to the road anyway. A quick blast and he wet himself and it was visible that not all came from the pint in his hand that jerked violently.

GH

Reply to
damduck-egg

Possibly not, but the Japanese shareholders, managers and politicians seem to be required to actually do the job properly. I see no reason to suppose that British engineers and workers couldn't achieve it with the appropriate backing from the greedy capitalists who control the finance.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I think that sort of sound might be made illegal as an engine sound for car s... But on one of the youtube vids was preceeded by an ad for senapodone of tho se constipation remedies, so I got thinking about someone sitting on the cr apper after a bunged up few days and usiong that sound as the engine, well it;s friday som my mind is wandering about a bit.

Reply to
whisky-dave