Gridwatch

The grid may not be breaking records for demand, but the number of people watching it certainly has.

And the donations keep trickling in.

Thanks guys (and the occasional girl)...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought 'guys' had evolved into a gender neutral term :-)

Reply to
Scott

although I never got the memo :(

It's a USAian that doesn't sit right with me. Oh well, that's progress.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Girls think electricity appears by magic, and at zero cost.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

It's certainly in Canada, too. My wife's niece who lives in Vancouver uses it and has done for a number of years, even when she was living in Winnipeg!

Reply to
charles

I am very unreconstructed.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nor me, find it quite irritating when on some programmer like the apprentice it gets used frequently, find myself muttering who wants to greet a load of tent supports.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Just like items such as handbags and shoes.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Most girls. It's true of most boys too...

Like people think you can just invent extra money.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Which, of course, you can. It's the consequences of doing so that are ... interesting.

Reply to
Huge

I caught an item on the One Show about plastic recycling, or not, as the case might be. The person at the recycling centre said that those plastics that they couldn't recycle were sent off to the incinerator to provide green energy. That person was a guy.

Reply to
AnthonyL

I had a friend over from Astralia on monday, he was telling me what;s happe ning their with glass recycling, they collect all the glass and then send i t to landfill as they have a trade deal with china that makes it cheaper to buy in new glass than it is to recycle it.

They also had a power outage because although they had lots of solar and wi nd power they needed some gas for the peak periods but they had none in res erve because they sell it all to china and japan at 25% less than the Austr ailan power genrators can buy it for.

Reply to
whisky-dave