Solar Query - Why don't the government...

You do, as you are about to tell us.

No, but you do therefore care that you are getting the best bang for your buck (as you have just stated in fact). So (if you had the mind to consider this) ... hearing that Co X have a panel that is 10% more efficient than the ones you might be considering (at the same price) is *exactly* the sort thing you would be interested in hearing. You cannot separate the two.

See, I wasn't working on *just* the comparative figures but the actual real-world figures as well. Sorry if you didn't realise that's what I was talking about. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Of course he does, he just chose to misunderstand my point. ;-)

If you are considering solar panel X and some sales person comes up with an alternative panel of the same size, price but 10% more output (over the same time period), *of course* he would be interested. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Understood.

Running all that AC and the water pumping / desalination plant? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

:

or how much cost, I don't care whether they're 7 or 8% efficient.

Chose to or didn;t I wasnt; sure.

Perhaps or maybe what he's waiting for is for the salesman to say well this one is a government special not very effecient won't work well in sunmmer due to heat but it's cheap and you'll get it installed for free as a subsid y because the company boss has been lobbying the local goverment and has give them a donation of £100,000 for party funds :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

for the golf course or is it those 2 million air cobnditioed tents they won;t let their refuggee/asylum seeking muslim brothers use :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Funny you should say that T i m I was looking at ways of using generated power during the hottest most productive parts of the day and this was exactly what I was looking into.

Our upstairs gets so hot even with full loft insulation I thought that having air-con which would only come on when all other baseline energy demands were met would be the perfect answer.

Trying to find an auto-switch that would allow air-con to run or not depending on PV output appears to be somewhat harder though. Best I can find is an auto-switch that shoots excess power to an immersion heater which is pretty useless. Air-Con is the only thing that you need to use at the same time as power is being produced.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Except I wasn't talking about solar PV.

Reply to
Tim Streater

/China-land who's building Hinkly C reactor? /Q

Would that be "Chinkly C" ?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

So long as it isn't crinkly.

(Fucked-up quoting fixed)

Reply to
Adrian

exactly the sort of child like argument that makes online discussions so often so pointless

Reply to
tabbypurr

Read what you wrote, read what I wrote and try again.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

OK. Enjoy the 6 year old style debating on your own.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes, I'll just carry on talking to those who *can* follow a reasoned and reasonable line of thought (thanks). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You mean like double glazing salesmen?

Reply to
Martin Brown

Joking aside, yes. Ok, they may be few and far between (especially these days) but I have come across 'sales persons' who knew what they were talking about and only offered stuff that would actually make it better for people and at competitive prices.

No gimmicks, no 'if you could choose a free holiday' or '5 free windows', just good solutions to ones needs.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m