socks

should the sewn seem at the toe of socks point in or way from your toes ... always wondered....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

need a reply IT IS DRING ME CRAZY EVERY MORNING

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Buy seamless socks and solve the problem that way.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Equally stressful is the correct location of the *G* at the toe end of Storm Bloc socks. Big toe or little toe?

Apparently it relates to a guarantee of free replacement if wear leads to holes. Central location would avoid endless stressful mornings!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It is to point inward.

If it points outward, it rubs against the shoe and will ravel.

I checked the seam on my current socks, and the seam is so small, it actually makes no difference in or out. But the material on the inside, won't wear as well as the material on the outside. It's the knit of the sock itself that sometimes predicts how to turn it. The smooth side is out right now. The seam is inside.

Some socks, the material in and out is the same. For sports socks, the finish inside can be different than the finish outside (it's the way they are knitted).

The best footwear I ever had, they were hiking shoes. And the inner of the hiking shoe was made of a material that gripped the sock and would not let the sock slide around in the shoe. I wore the soles off those, from usage, and the inside of the footwear was in perfect condition when the footwear was discarded. More than I can say for any other footwear. It's too bad the soles were made of such poor material, in contrast to the attention to detail of the inside of the footwear. With a footwear such as those, you don't have to worry about wearing a hole in the heel of the sock, or getting a heel blister.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

If it is a guarantee against holes, then on the big toe, which is where holes usually happen.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

However, seams on the inside caused foot problems for soldiers in the trenches of WW1. Hence the invention of the Kitchener stitch, which created a seamless sock.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

On 31/05/2022 11:28, Paul wrote: Lin GuoerWith a footwear such as those,

I wonder if the British Army knows of this footwear. Had some gory heels from wearing issue boots.

Reply to
soup

Buy some sandals, socks banned with them :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Not if you are British.

Reply to