Socket Converter 2 Gang to 4 Gang

We really need more electrical sockets in our kitchen. We have 5 double sockets, but it's not enough! (1st World problems, I know.)

I can find some "Socket Converters 2 Gang to 4 Gang", but none from a brand that I am familiar with. Does anyone have any recommendations, please?

Reply to
GB

Does Eterna qualify?

Andy Burns

Surprised that it needs a fuse, since I would have thought all the sockets could have been treated like spurs?

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes, but more than a double socket on a spur does require a fuse, all of the 3 or 4-gang convertors have them.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think it's because it's designed for retrofit: if the original was a single 13A socket, the new attachment is also limited to 13A. That way a householder can do a replacement wthout need to verify current capacity of the circuit (eg if this was fitted to an existing spur which the rules say you can't add extra sockets to).

Fitted one of them and I like it - it's not deep unlike others, so it's barely thicker than a conventional socket. There is a green LED for the surge protection which might be annoying in some cases (or tape over it).

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Surely, it has to be as thick as the length of the pins of the plugs that go into it? About 2-3 cms?

Reply to
GB

Of course, I was thinking in context of a ring.

I have seen 2-gan ones and they look a neat way of adding changing a single to double without any mess.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes, but if added to a ring, not a spur, probably unnecessary.

Reply to
Fredxx

If it had two sets of input connectors, and appropriately wired inside, you might count it as part of the ring,

Reply to
charles

It would have to have 4mm equivalent, in case it was used on a 32A radial.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

yes: 25mm - the length of an earth pin plus the thickness of the plastic case

Reply to
Robin

I fitted a 1 to 2 by Eterna. Not here and house was sold a year or so later so I don't know how it lasted. Seemed OK build wise but even to my catholic taste (or lack of taste) looked clunky.

You know you really need bench trunking...

Reply to
Robin

It's nice of them to show you what the fittings on the back look like before you order it.

Reply to
Adam Funk