Snails in bath

And that does not apply to all sockets and circuits (if you mean the 17th edition regs)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's a bungalow !! ;-)

Reply to
Andy Cap

In our bathroom, I had a shaving brush and an old shaving razor that held a single blade. Where is it now?

A good reason to keep both shed keys in separate pockets of the trousers you are wearing. Keep her out of there and you will still be able to find things for years to come.

I was talking to a lunchtime drinking companion about just this thing at lunch time. He had a clutch and brake company and had a shelf at the back that had components from cars and wagons from the past. He took pride in being able to provide parts for older vehicles, but when he sold out, the new owner got rid of them all.

A few days earlier, we were talking about old fashioned ironmongers and the stack they had at their fingertips. You can't find one these days.

We have a local one and the owner decided to retire and put a sign up in the window...

Arkwrite is retiring, Granville will be taking over. It's still a very good shop and if they don't have what you want in stock, they will get it for you.

Forkhandles? That is the shop to help you.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Schistosomiasis or Bilharzia.

Found mostly in freshwater lakes in Africa.

Probably a medical first if you catch it in a bathroom in England.

Reply to
dom

Well this is a 1950's bungalow so I doubt it conforms. I know it doesn't. The power company have already put a notice through my door telling me my power line in is "unsafe" - its apparently too low, is two wires ( not insulated?) and comes to a porcelain connection on the roof. . All that's condemned apparently but they also said it would be several years before they could renew it ( Western Power Distribution have to do it for free it seems) .

Inside, well when I moved her 15 years ago I was told by an electrician who came to fix heater that the motherboard was supposed to be replaced. Couldn't afford it so its still there - and working.

My OH admits the electrics in the bathroom are not according to modern regulations. - the shower switch is in the wrong place, as is the heater in the bathroom. But there you go. I suspect they were all OK when they were put in - so what happened to make them wrong now?

Reply to
sweetheart

"Mike P the 1st" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I have not tried bribery. What can I bribe him with? He isnt responding to the obvious.

There are air bricks but they are outside and below ground level ( they go into the void uner the floor. It is possible they are getting in that way. Definately a leak on the tap. he has opened the inspection section of the bath panel

Difficult to explain this but our bath panel was a DIY job it seems and is made of plywood which has some sign " Road closed except to ..... and we cant read the rest ... scrawled on it. On top of that my OH has tacked a piece of black hardboard - like that you get in cheap social housing - then I covered that with lino to look nice - OK so its naff Anyway, a few years ago - seven or eight - we had a leak on the tap ( same tap) and to get at it was a right mess, so my OH cut a section of the plywood out and put it back together in two parts so he could get at the workings without stripping off the heavy bath panel.

So he has take said section out. The floor is a little rotten...... the hardboard is well rotten..... and the ply wood is soaked. So it all has to come out . The bathroom is now a mess and I am waiting. I have said I would like a " new" bath. I do have an old second hand one he bought back from a bodged job but I dont know what its like. He might fit that or I might get my mothers short bath which she has never had fitted or I could get a new one ( tomorrow?) or I could have a shower ( but the last option is expensive)

Or I could ( most likely) have the leak fixed and the hole under the bath left open for the next ten years. Its an old avacado cast iron ath from the

1970's by the way, and its stained and rusting on the edges but my OH thinks that if something is working even badly , it does not need changing just repairing. .

Where do some men get this attitude from? Any man ( or woman) know?

I killed 8 slugs in the bath last night.

Reply to
sweetheart

Does this remind anyone else of whiskeyomega?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Hmmm. Troll or true?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Where have I trolled anyone? I did have a different name - cant recall what. My computer blew up ( well died a quiet death) and I got a new one and had to re load newsgroups. I got me a new name. Nothing sinister.

I did explain some of the problems I have with my OH. I remember people were very kind and said if I had any DIY questions they would help. Its been a long time since I posted . I have a DIY problem, so I asked for help, whats wrong with that?

I still have my slug problem. I have tried getting a knife between the frame of the shower panel and the rim of the bath but I dont have one thin and long enough. I thought I might scrape any hiding things out.

Nothing I have said is untrue. Although I cannot claim to be "whiskyomega" I dont think that was the name I used. Not sure.

Does that help the questions - or am I just creating more speculation?

Reply to
sweetheart

No problem, just wondered.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I don't mean to be rude, but ... bizarre ! You call them all snails ! Well that's all right then ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

:-) Kids are terrible for that - picking up that shiny widget you'd left somewhere and transporting it to other random locations on the property...

Reply to
Jules Richardson

They're just homeless snails, that's all.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Breaks up the field of flat, featureless jumpers.

Reply to
Lino expert

Ooooh. I just love it when you talk about bumpy jumpers!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman