Smoke alarms aren't always any good

+1
Reply to
ARWadsworth

There is no such thing as a troll. Why would someone ask questions for the sake of it?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Lieutenant Scott :

Whoosh...

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Bollocks. I'm trying to point out that line length is irrelevant to anyone who doesn't have OCD.

What's next? The number of words in each sentence must be between 7 and 9?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Lieutenant Scott :

And I'm pointing out that I *like* your long lines because it alerts me to the fact that there's nothing worth reading there. If I wanted to read your words I might dislike your line lengths. But I don't.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

About thirty bob a week.

Reply to
grimly4

That's the Grecian urn, isn't it?

Reply to
Howard Neil

Jamaica!

Reply to
grimly4

Your wife went on her own accord?:-)

Reply to
Howard Neil

doesn't have OCD.

It's not irrelevant, it's common courtesy - and a usenet standard, somewhere.

Reply to
grimly4

who doesn't have OCD.

It's for people who look like this, and use green screen monitors:

Lieutenant Scott

Your reverse psychology won't work on me.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

for uses of these:

even that's a modern device.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Its when you use one of those, that vi makes perfect sense..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher