Smart Water

Any one know if Smart Water is any good on external materials such as roof lead, cast iron drain covers lids and metal gates and seats or just for personal property only like TV=92s, laptops, camera est. If it=92s ok for external use, how is it applied and how long does it last for out side?

Reason for asking one insurance company says " If not marked with Smart Water 50% will be paid by the insured toward the cost of replacement plus excess". Wonder how long it will be before the rest of the insurance companies follow suite.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Kipper at sea saying something like:

Sounds like an unfair term to me.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Kipper at sea wibbled on Saturday 24 October 2009 04:52

Is the premium *much* cheaper than all the other companies as it sounds like a super discount policy with special conditions to me.

If not, tell them to get stuffed - no-one's going to mark every possession with smart water.

On somethink like lead, stamping in a postcode with letter punches in discreet places would probably be more durable.

Reply to
Tim W

Your post prompted me to have a look at their web site. They go on at length about its use on exterior metals such as lead, but I couldn't find any useful information such you asked for.

Is the insurer insisting on SW for everything or just the exterior metals?

Reply to
Rod

I bet they have an associated company that will do it for you!

Reply to
John

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "John" saying something like:

Is probably the right answer.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Technology Ltd works in partnership with Rollinson Smith Insurance Brokers, allowing SmartWater customers to benefit from a 10% discount on all new insurance policies.

Reply to
Graham.

I had a similar problem. Our Church insurers sent some Smart Water for us to use but reading the details with it it seemed to have to be kept out of contact with water. We have used 'Selecta DNA' from Selectamark which is a grease based product which is suitable for outdoor use as long as it is kept out of direct rain and renewed periodically. It is, however not cheap but there is enough to do a considerable amount of lead

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Since Smartwater is available for Motorbikes (I have it on mine) then I assume it would work on external metalwork. It does seem to fade over time though. I don't know if this limits its effectiveness.

Reply to
Mark