small fence and gate project

Sorry Bill. Nothing intended.

Fox/chickens is a big issue here. Urban fringe and they come and go as they please.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The brain dead are easily influenced by others. They are not capable of logical action. As you have just demonstrated.

Reply to
harry

Ah, you thrive on flattery.

Reply to
harry

I get: Error (500) Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I always like "palisade" fencing and gates, quick and easy to make it fit non-standard gaps.

Reply to
newshound

OK. Cheers. More the others than you.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes it looks a bit strange doesn't it? I need to put some flags under the gate to provide a level surface. One of the hens is a bit of a bugger for tunnelling her way out.

Anyway, my dad said, "You'll have to plane one of the double gates soon" as he was right. After all the downpours the post has bent a bit so the gate needs a few mil taking off it, or maybe I'll bash the hinge to see if there's any leeway for 'adjustment'.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes. It's the first time I've made any gates. I had a look round at gates on the internet. Working out the spacing of the uprights had me a bit confused, until I realised there's one more upright than there are spaces! Derr!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

There is in software development circles what is known as a "fence post error" - it describes a bug caused by a loop that terminates one iteration to early or too late due to the same problem counting things like that ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Usually "lamp post" that I've heard - though wonkypedia disagrees.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Sounds like a 'cousin' to the "Obi Wan (Kenobi) error".

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Fencepost from the realisation you always need one more post than you have panels. Lamppost error sounds like something a dog might make ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Oh no, it far pre-dates that.

Andy