today's dogwalk pics (on topic)

I don't know why any radio ham would install such an aerial without having it on a rotator. It's been there a while; never moves.

Our local windmill is still looking a bit sad...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I like the last one....

Reply to
newshound

Perhaps it's only sending/receiving from Moscow... or am I a bit behind the times!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

It might be more mosque than Moscow, although VP would have been more appropriate.

Graham.

There's a vertical UHF LP visible out of my window (if it wasn't dark) It belongs to a scanner enthusiast. It's not on a rotator but points South towards Manchester, three miles away

Crikey, that could have had someones eye out.

Reply to
Graham.

Wow, that's excellent news for anyone bothered by church bells on a Sunday. Now St > having it on a rotator. It's been there a while; never moves.

It might be more mosque than Moscow, although VP would have been more appropriate.

Paul D Smith

In message , Graham. writes

The info says "Users of the channels should either ensure that their radio systems can be adjusted to cover the full range of the 450-470 MHz band, or be prepared to replace or cease using their systems when the change takes place. Equipment must be type approved to MPT 1326 or ETS

300 086" - so I guess the users might be making sure that using a log periodic will ensure that it will cater for any frequency change!
Reply to
Ian Jackson

Hi Nice pictures. Is it home made or commercial ? For its use especially in horizontal polarisation I have no clue. May be for monitoring spurious radiations or for antenna testing with a fellow amateur or professionnal. Laurent.

Reply to
bilou

I forgot my main question :-) There seems to be a coil at the back end between the 2 booms. As far as I remember the log periodic has the two booms shorted behind the longest elements.

Reply to
bilou

In message , Graham. writes

Towards the airport?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

What on earth happened to that? Blue tit flew into it?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Windmill? I'm surprised with the current wind here any windmill is still in one piece. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Well spotted. I don't know what the coil does.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Le t*ts now?

Reply to
Martin

Other than modern wind turbines Dutch windmills don't get damaged by strong winds. The sails aren't on blades when there is a gale forecast. The sort without sails are either turned away from the wind and/or are feathered. They sometimes get destroyed by fires caused by New Year firework displays.

There are famous windmills turning live in a gale here. You can pick the view.

Martin

Where is that turbine Bill? When we drove post on Thursday last they were all working at the M1/M18 junction.

Also, why no picture of the dog?

Reply to
Woody

It's off Cockhill Field lane

The little bastards don't deserve having their picture taken. Who wants to be brought a seagull's head for use as a ball?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Looking at the scale from the ladder rungs and railings, it's quite a small one.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Whover is the opposition to Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg