Why can I still buy non-rough service incandescent bulbs?

I thought the only GLS incandescent bulbs I can buy nowadays have to be rough service.
However on Amazon I see GLS bulbs with no mention of rough service and with a very domestic-looking pearl finish. How come?
--
pamela

I would think (hope) that Trading Standards have more pressing priorities than light bulbs.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Besides, I'm not aware its a ban as such, I've seen ordinary bulbs in those little Asian shops for ages.
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

But hopefully not dodgy internet retailers
and if you'll break one little law, the chances are higher that you will be breaking much more important ones
tim

Selling a lightbulb isn't harming anyone, we've used them for decades. If you want to be green, buy an LED bulb, but don't force others to do the same.

What an utterly stupid assumption.
--
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds"

because there never was a ban on selling them
only on making or importing them
tim

Incandescent light bulbs are no longer manufactured or imported. They are all "Heat and light globes" ;-)
Mike
tim..... wrote:

There are amendments coming in on 27th Feb 2016
<http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=OJ%3AJOL_2015_224_R_0001
which seem to boil down to displaying a warning "that it is not suitable for household room illumination" ... yes, that'll stop people!
On Tuesday, 22 December 2015 11:05:32 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:

For many years now, filament lamps sold by Crompton (TLC supplier) have had a 'For Commercial Use' statement on their boxes and I have always assumed that this was to get around the 'ban'/restrictions.
Mathew

The irony is no one has used filament lamps for rough service use for years.
--
Andrew Gabriel

I do. A filament inside a halogen tube. 500W portable floodlamp.
--
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death -- Albert Einstein

On 22/12/2015 12:15, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

What do you use instead?
--
Michael Chare

Something that's not as fragile as a filament, which is pretty much any other lighting technology.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 2015-12-22, tim..... wrote:

So you can sell used ones? ;-)
I guess they're a bit like pre-embargo Cuban cigars in the USA.

Because no-one gives a sh*t about the stupid regulations?
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 64th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem.