[slightly OT] cheap microwaves - how come?

Lol. Dont forget to put the mic in the neutral line, else anyone holding it'll get a shock as well as a frying.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Its been done, and the result was aimed at the wine shop market. Instead of storing stacks of bottles in cold storage, they could all be kept at room temp and be popped in the machine for 20 seconds at sale time. Unfortunately I never found out how they worked, and have never heard of or seen them since. The technology exists though.

I dont think it would be much use at home though.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@care2.com saying something like:

It'd be very handy for cooling rhubarb crumble.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , snipped-for-privacy@care2.com writes

They were disgusting. It was basically a refrigerated tank of glycol coolant. I put a bottle in one ONCE and when I saw how it came out I wiped it dry and surreptitiously popped it back on the shelf.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

In message , Huge writes

You WHAT! A spurtle is designed for poking toilet blockages round the bend when you've eaten too much thick porridge.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

The best place for rhubarb crumble, or indeed any derivative of rhubarb, is the wheelie-bin.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In article , Steven Briggs writes

Thanks for that, Panny seem to be a bit special in many things that they make, I'm into clever application of technology.

Having an award winning pizza place within a block of me I refrain from buying the frozen substitute but if you want to poke andy and his particular brand of snobbery then who am I to argue ;-)

BTW: I'm completely ignoring your huge cavity post . . .

Reply to
fred

For once I'd agree with you.

Reply to
<me9

You barbarian. Rhubard crumble is the Flying Spaghetti Monster's Dessert of Choice. And you should put it on the compost heap, not in the wheelie bin.

Reply to
Huge