Sliding Doors

All,

I have got a PAX wardrobe from IKEA. Unfortunately, there are not sliding doors for this type of wardrobes, so I am considering to do the job all by myself!! I am quite inexperienced in this matter I would like to ask if anybody as install sliding doors before, what the potential problems are, where can I buy the materials, etc? Any kind of help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Justo.

Reply to
Justo Ruiz

Not sure what size you are dealing with here, but anyway. Stanley sliding doors (homebase, B&Q) are easy to fit and come in a decent range, including mirrored. I built my own built in wardrobe and used them and the fitting was a doddle with adjustment on the doors. They are bottom running so you have to keep the floor clear of stuff but that means they aren't hanging from anything so the above structure needn't be too solid.

Wickes sell sliding door gear which puts you into custome size door territory. I've only glanced at the bits but they look fairly solid.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Thanks a lot Peter for the information!!! I know now where to start looking, but if Stanley doors are easy to fit, it seems a good option to a first time DIY person.

Cheers,

Justo.

Reply to
Justo Ruiz