sliding doors

Anyone fitted (or even seen) one of these concealed sliding doors?

look a lot better that the old 70's efforts that I remember, which had a tendency to fall off their runners. It would give me a valuable few ft^2 of space in re-laying out the bathroom ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

IIRC, they could be lifted off the rails fairly easily and only tended to fall off badly put together ones.

I can't see that they can be all that much different. I was also going to say they are or were nearly impossible to draught seal but of course, for a bathroom that isn't so important.

Is there no way you could have the present door opening out? Replacing a door frame or turning one around is not that big a deal. No more than messing with one of these anyway.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

My sister did that in her tiny newly built house & now regrets it. If someone is walking along the landing when someone else exits the bathroom a collision occurs.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Having it open outwards would seem "odd" to me, whereas a sliding door would merely count as "unusual".

Reply to
Andy Burns

In the student houses I remember them from, I'm sure both factors applied.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Can't you fit some pressure pads under the landing carpet and a light inside the bathroom with a notice "do not open door when red light is on"?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It is if you don't want howling draughts whistling round you when you're towelling yourself, or lavatorial noises intruding into the rest of the house.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What a terrible movie *that* was.

Reply to
Huge

What a pity that message is going to go the way of all non digita. What a loss to the whirl.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer