Sliding attic staircase

Does anyone know of a UK supplier of sliding attic staircases, similar to these

by Bessler in the US? The key thing is that they are one-piece wooden ladders, rather than the usual sliding or folding type.

Reply to
nothanks

Not seen anything similar, they look good, but occupy a fair bit of space ...

Andy Burns

Google "attic disappearing-stairway uk"

alan_m

Years ago, Slingsby used to make these. In fact, my parents had one. This is going back quite a few years, and I have no idea whether Slingsby even exist any longer?

Reply to
GB

Well I'll be bu&&ered! I searched for an hour or more but didn't think of using "disappearing" - well done that man. Now all you need to do is find one for half the price ;-)

Reply to
nothanks

Actually, it would be useful to know where those spring retracting wire drum things can be bought - anyone know what they're called?

Reply to
nothanks

it is not a staircase unless you can come back down frontwards...it is just a fancy lader....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Retractable wire mechanism, take-up reel, spring driven wheel

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Can you come down a space-saver staircase frontwards ?.

Andrew

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

...but it is still not a legal stair .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...