Sky on all tv's

Hello everyone,

I need to find out how to get sky all through the house. I intende on getting a Sky/Aerial booster. I currently have another tv running o the second output of the Sky box. Could I run this to a booster then t all my tv's and if so could they all use an i-link this is what I woul really like to do. If not how else could I do it. Thanks in advanc Alec

-- Alec

Reply to
Alec

Couldn't you use a wireless link? (They sell these in Curry's, etc.) I imagine you can have as many receivers as you like.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

You are on the right lines. Some tips:

Don't be tempted by the B&Q specials. Buy a quality distribution amp from an independant. That will cost up to about £40.00. We particularly favour the Labgear animal. Remember the F type connectors to go with it.

No need for a seperate power supply for a four way, it draws its power from RF2 on the Sky box.

Use full spec cable to EN50117. CT100 / H109F / WF100 all complies. Look for the CAI printing each metre down the cable length if unsure. Specifically avoid crap like SAT100.

Good quality connectors should be crimped or soldered on.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Err, what do you mean by Sky all through the house? If you mean you want to be able to watch whatever is selected on the one incoming receiver, that's fairly easy. If you want to be able to select different channels on different TVs then you'll need a sat receiver for each TV.

I have a Labgear 8 way(? - I think it's 8 way, can't be bothered to go and look) amplifier in the loft. I have a coax feed from the back of my Sky box up to the loft, and I use a simple 'Y' connector to combine the feed from the Sky box with the feed from the normal aerial. Works quite well.

Reply to
The Wanderer

I use two little boosters (5 pound each from local electrical shop) which are mains-powered and have one input and three outputs. Downstairs unit outputs go to lounge, dining room and upstairs unit. Upstairs unit outputs go to the three bedrooms. Been running perfectly for 20+ years.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Doesn't that cause ghosting? Or isn't there an aerial connection from the splitter, TO the shy box?

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Nope

Err, I think I know what you mean. I don't feed the terrestrial signal[1] for my TV and video through the SB, it goes direct to video and then onto TV.

My SB is connected to tv and video using scart leads. I merely feed the rf output from the SB up to the amplifier in the loft, to distribute it around the other rooms.

[1] Yes I still use terrestrial coz I prefer Ceefax to BBCi, especially over breakfast, so I can still hear the news whilst checking on TV progs, local news headlines, etc. With BBCi you lose the spoken news and get taken off to different pages of pink noise if you veer away from the news pages! :-)
Reply to
The Wanderer

Hi Thanks for all the replies. I would just like to know now then could i also put an i-link on each TV when the booster is fitted

-- Alec

Reply to
Alec