roughcast stain

Hi My new house has had some roughcast replaced on the front of and unfortunately the colour does not match. Its brown in colour. Picure available if this would help. Can anyone advise on what I can use to stain and match the original colouring.

Cheers

smiggs

I have tried to match repairs to pebbledash, it's practically impossible. I imagine roughast won't be any easier.

Is it a matter of colour, shade, or both? I think if the replacement roughcast is approx the right colour, but too light, you have a chance of matching it in by staining in the new roughcast with a fairly neutral stain. I had a modicum of success with woodstain(!) when trying to darken down some rather too light cement to match the surrounding area. I applied a very light stain with a sponge, dabbing it on. You can thin it as well. Different colours are available, you could mix and thin and experiment to get the right shade.

If you are trying to lighten up an area that is something I haven't tried. You could try a very weak limewash I suppose.

Whatever you do, apply sparingly and to less noticeable area at first.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece