Sky gone in money, but not TV

Cancelled Sky but all we lost was the recording bit and useless trash TV.

Reply to
swldxer1958

So that's why there's been no rain!

Reply to
Davey

En el artículo , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com escribió:

All of it then, in other words.

*plonk* yet another Simon Mason morph. Would you just f*ck off already?
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Why on earth did you pay for it in the first place, then?

Only possible reason is if you were a footie fan.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am retired now and so have cancelled home insurances, 3 dongle, Sky and b oiler cover. Now I just pay Gas/Council Tax/TVL/Water/Internet/Strava.

£350 all in.
Reply to
swldxer1958

Check the front page of the Hull Daily Mail today, Tommo!

Reply to
swldxer1958

Well that's a dumb thing to do.

As completely optional purchases that some of use will never have paid, this is sensible

That's always been a poor bet for the majority of punters. Self insurance is almost always going to be better.

WTF is Strava

tim

Reply to
tim...

I paid £800 a year and my 2016 leaking roofs cost £80 for a mate to fix. I have nothing worth stealing.

It runs like a tractor and £450 per year cover is too much

A program that logs my bikes rides of my Garmin Edge 1000 is Strava.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Very stupid to not make sensible arrangements for your retirement, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Should you have a fire and the house burns down, what are your plans?

You don't need to pay for it.

Reply to
Clive George

He said he's retired already.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I have an index linked payout of £1500 pcm for life.

Reply to
swldxer1958

ate to fix. I have nothing worth stealing.

Not to have a fire in the first place.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Simon, go drive a taxi part time or something like that. You are too old to be employed :-(

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

En el artículo , Tim+ escribió:

They've seen the pics of electrical wiring jobs he's done.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Yes. He IS a cyclist. They are not too bright.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Everytime I have been for job interviews I have been shafted when they find out that I don't need the money, so I am spending June walking the dogs of an old workmate who has a chateau in the Dordogne while he is AWOL. I spen t 40 years in the rat race, so sod 'em all - they can BEG me to come back.

Reply to
swldxer1958

More likely that they see through you as being a bit weird. You may have been taken on when young when prospective employers half expect some strange behaviour in young interviewees and cut them some slack then once in a job did it well enough for a decade or two that your personality traits could be tolerated. Now though as an old weirdo they can just move on to someone who isn't so strange.

You count for nothing, nowt but a number in various databases . Beg you to come back? You've been consigned to history and before long other personnel /company changes will mean anyone who knew of you personally will have moved on.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Oh - have you got rid of the top of the range push-bikes

Reply to
Judith

BP Chemicals suggested that he could retire - he did so.

He is looking for a job in order to pay off his large credit card balances.

Reply to
Judith