skip hire...

just rang up to hire a skip, guy said I need a permit (because it's on a public road) and it would cost £10 is this correct and do I need to contact anyone ?

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

=A310 is good value, these cost over =A320 in Medway. I would expect the skip company to get the permit and just add this to the cost. They normally do loads of these every day.

Is this another stealth tax?

Reply to
deckertim

It's a local authority tax. The skip company normally arranges it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
£10 is good value, these cost over £20 in Medway. I would expect the skip company to get the permit and just add this to the cost. They normally do loads of these every day.

Is this another stealth tax?

Of course it is, but it's a long running one. Can't recall when it started but it's not recent.

Reply to
Doctor D

You're actually paying a small parking fine for having the skip block part of the highway. The £10 permit is quite cheap compared to other regions of the country. Your skip hire company should be able to deal with it for you. They do it every day I suppose.

Reply to
BigWallop

I'm skipping as high as I can!!

Boom boom!

I'll get me coat

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Think you should. Otherwise a better use might be found for that rope...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and it will need amber flashing lights. The skip company should hire these to you as well and the cost is quite high because they tend to go walkies very often.

tim

Reply to
tim

thanks all... 8yd skip is £100 + £10 for permit

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

That's cheap, it cost about £150 for a skip here and if you want a road permit Mid Devon council will relieve you of another £30-£40.

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk take off your trousers to e-mail me

Reply to
simon beer

In article , simon beer writes

Do you need a skip would hiring a van or a trailer and talking the stuff down the tip yourself be cheaper?

Reply to
zaax