single 2.5mm wire in a 32A MCB - take2

Okay, I posted before under this topic, as I found a single 2.5mm wire in a

32A MCB in the CU at work.

I have now found out this is for one double RCD socket for the sump pump in the basement. I assume this is OK, as it both of the sockets are occupied by the sump pumps (One is a 240v pump, the other is a secondary 12v pump's battery charger.

I need a spare way on the CU as we are having some air-con installed, can I simply move this to the basement ring (32A) MCB, so it is just a spur? Or does it need to come from behind a socket on the ring to be compliant?

Thanks!

Sparks..

Reply to
Sparks

Straight from the CU is usually fine for an unfused spur. The rule of no more spurs than points on the ring apply so if you already have a spur from every socket on the ring already (it can happen) then you could not add another spur.

OSG says something like -Unfused spurs can be added to the terminals of a socket on the ring, a junction box or at the origin of the circuit in the CU

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth