simple group post Q

Previously for years been using FireFox to read usenet, and when I read a post it greys out ... unless I mark it as unread.

Now when I read post they still show as unread ..... is there a setting of hotkey combination I have enabled (or disabled)

Reply to
rick

Do you mean Firefox (i.e. the web browser?) If so which web site are you using to read the group?

Reply to
John Rumm

Tools -> settings -> general -> scroll down to "Reading and Display"

If the "automatically mark the messages as read" is un-ticked the colour doesn't change when you open a message. When ticked on my Thuderbird it changes from red to grey.

Reply to
alan_m

No luck with that .... its set to Automatically mark messages as read

Reply to
rick

Un-ticking certainly seems to work for me. In Version 52.9.0 it's in Tools > Options > Advanced > Reading. In Version 102.4.1 (just to confuse you) as stated above it's in Tools > Settings > General, then way down in Reading and Display.

Reply to
Ian Jackson