silicon

HI, anyone got any thoughts on why silicon sealer used to seal corners in bathroom on top of tiles by a tiler, would turn yellow after only 1 week. I know poor quality silicon fades to yellow after a few years, but I've never heard of it happening after a few days.

regards Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Not allowing it to cure off properly before getting it wet and soapy. If it hadn't skinned over properly before getting wet any warm moist areas on the surface of the silicone will mould and yellow very quickly.

Reply to
BigWallop

This site gives a brief history of these sealants:

BigWallop

silicon is hard and grey.

Reply to
Andrew Barnes