Shower making a noise

I've just had a shower and the drain is gurgling like crazy and has now done so for the last 20 minutes. This is a brand new house and such a lot seems to be wrong! Does anyone know what could be causing it?

Angela

Reply to
Angela

Is it a pumped drain in an odd place? Shower drain pumps tend to gurgle a bit. They overrun for a bit too, but not usually 20 minutes.

Reply to
dennis

"Angela" wrote

Angela

You don't say how long you have been in this "brand new" house. If by the drain you mean the water outlet in the base of the shower tray, this is referred to as a "trap". Gurgling can be due to partial blockage, either in the trap itself or down stream, or badly configured waste piping.

If you've only been in a few days then the builder (or his plumber) *should* sort out these niggles - fluttered eyelashes might help - failing that demonic screaming will also do the trick if he is still trying to sell houses close to yours.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

The house is 4 weeks old but this is in fact yet another problem to add to the list, however one of them is a pretty major problem which I have had tp have a surveyor out to look at and he thinks all the internal walls may need to be re-built - a structural engineer is coming next!

The noise started yesterday it has been fine up to this point. Just tried it again and no noise at all - go figure!! I did however use cold water to test it, could hot water make a difference?

Reply to
Angela