disabling a LDV van

a chap who owes me money and an apology has left his LDV van and reg doc with me, how can i disable it so he cant come at night and drive it off?

I dont want to tamper with the brakes or the fuel system...

i've taken off the number plates but that wont stop him...

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

Take 2 wheels off? Remove steering wheel? Pull multi-connector off keyswitch? LDV, it probably won't start anyway. Banana up exhaust pipe !

Reply to
Phil

Remove the battery? A couple of wheels? The steering wheel? Park something up close at each end? Block off the doors? If you are close enough, a cheap wireless PIR alarm?

Reply to
newshound

Remove the battery. If it's a petrol/LPG version remove the distributor cap.

Most LDVs manage to stop themselves. Complete heaps of crap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Take all the fuses out.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Snap the key (you got one I take it?) in the ignition!

Park the wife's car behind.

Place super-glue on the drivers seat.

Chuck in the back a wasp nest.........

Be fun to watch the get away effort.

bRAINS

bRAINS

"George \(dicegeorge\)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Why not? It'd be the quickest and easiest way of disabling a diesel.

Just get a wheelclamp.

Reply to
Adrian

Take it to the scrappie pronto.

The only way to disable this is to lock around one of the wheels, DVLA style. As it's an LDV, they're probably assuming it will need to be towed anyway, so just preventing it starting won't do much good.

For comedy value, drop the track rod off it and leave it unlocked.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Actually te best thing to do is to drive it somewhere else.

Got any friends with a yard?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

i havnt the insurance to drive it, and he could argue im stealing it...

he called 999 on me yesterday when i was asking for my money back but they arrested him!

ive taken off the steering wheel, good idea that, thanks (was thinking of removing the pedals) [g]

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

Buy a wheel clamp,any sort of tampering with the van will count as malicious damage.

Reply to
George

A lowlife who tries to reposess an LDV isn't going to worry about trivia like that.

My concern would be that if you have _one_ LDV parked outside, someone might dump another next to it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Since he's also given him the Reg doc's, I'm thining it'll save the blokey taking it to the scrapyard hiself. ;-)

Reply to
George

Criminal damage instead of theft, then.

MBQ