Shower enclosure (660mm x 1200mm) - Desperate pls

Hi,
I have tried several companies to obtain quotes for a 660mm x 1200mm shower enclosure. Unfortunately the room has to be that width (660mm) for the shower tray. I tried to get a few quotes (3) in total and all are coming up with a cost of 1000 pounds. I am astonished i cant get something of this size for a reasonable price.
As a last ditch attempt, can anyone advise alternatives. The constraint is it must be 660mm width (670 would probably be ok).
Many thanks
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Can you just explain it in a bit more detail... are you saying you already have a tray, and need to buy an enclosure to fit round that? Or have you yet to buy an appropriate tray?
What are the physical constraints in the room - eg an alcove?
What sort of enclosure are you looking at - something with a door and two sides?
David

the narrowest preformed tray I've seen is 760mm , and that feels claustrophic. So can we assume you are fitting a tiled floor with drain? From memory I think the return panel of a standard enclosure is held by self tappers , not welded.If this is the case a 1200x760 enclosure frame could be cut down and a new glass of 600-670mm)safety glass bought form a glaziers.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

At its simplest all you need is a 1200 wide door/facing panel and a stud wall on the side.
e.g.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BATHROOM-SLIDING-DOOR-SHOWER-ENCLOSURE-1200MM_W0QQitemZ230186277006QQihZ013QQcategoryZ112553QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ES20-1200-LUXURY-SLIDING-SHOWER-CUBICLE-DOOR-ENCLOSURE_W0QQitemZ260175513135QQihZ016QQcategoryZ147147QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
--
Cheers,

John.

On 29 Oct, 14:17, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Just to clarify it is just a tray i am after. The current tray is 660mm wide x 1200mm. It does not feel too bad with the size it is because of the width.