Shower enclosure (660mm x 1200mm) - Desperate pls

Hi,
I have tried several companies to obtain quotes for a 660mm x 1200mm
shower enclosure. Unfortunately the room has to be that width (660mm)
for the shower tray. I tried to get a few quotes (3) in total and all
are coming up with a cost of =A31000 pounds. I am astonished i cant get
something of this size for a reasonable price.
As a last ditch attempt, can anyone advise alternatives. The
constraint is it must be 660mm width (670 would probably be ok).
Many thanks
Reply to
theregistry786
Can you just explain it in a bit more detail... are you saying you already have a tray, and need to buy an enclosure to fit round that? Or have you yet to buy an appropriate tray?
What are the physical constraints in the room - eg an alcove?
What sort of enclosure are you looking at - something with a door and two sides?
David
Reply to
Lobster
the narrowest preformed tray I've seen is 760mm , and that feels claustrophic. So can we assume you are fitting a tiled floor with drain? From memory I think the return panel of a standard enclosure is held by self tappers , not welded.If this is the case a 1200x760 enclosure frame could be cut down and a new glass of 600-670mm)safety glass bought form a glaziers.
Reply to
edalerichard
At its simplest all you need is a 1200 wide door/facing panel and a stud wall on the side.
e.g.
Reply to
John Rumm
Just to clarify it is just a tray i am after. The current tray is 660mm wide x 1200mm. It does not feel too bad with the size it is because of the width.
Reply to
theregistry786

Site Timeline Threads