Security screwdriver set

Hi

I'm after a set of security screwdrivers. The flat, two-prong type. I've found a set of four in the States, but they don't post to the UK.

The shaft needs to be 5.5mm max and the security bit sets, one of which I have, are too fat by the time they're placed in the holder.

Has anyone a suggestion for a stockist. Ebay has the tri point type but not the flat.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

I'd expect RS Components to have this sort of thing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

These any good?

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=security+bits

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
Andy Cap

Yes, I should have thought about RS. I'll have a look, thanks.

Reply to
Andy Cap

I have a set of security bits bought from maplin. Had the same problem with them being too fat to fit. Bought a set of flat bladed drivers and slotted them myself with on of those little rotary tools

Reply to
Alang

Ditto, it's easier to make your own.

Although dealextreme do quite a few variations on electronics/cellphone screwdrivers and sets for no money at all.

Reply to
PCPaul

Many brains make light work. Well, toaster ! Cheers.

Reply to
Andy Cap

I found a quick touch of the blade of a flat screwdriver on the edge of a bench grinder wheel gave me an exact fit when I needed one of these.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=security+bitsYou Boy at the back! Wake up and pay attention!

OP said "The shaft needs to be 5.5mm max and the security bit sets, one of which I have, are too fat by the time they're placed in the holder."

;-) John

Reply to
John

Kamasa have a reasonable range of precision (read: smaller than standard) bits. Available from Isaac Lord inter alia.

But looks like you'd have to fettle a normal bit into a security bit.

If you really wish to push the boat out...

Reply to
Rod

In message , John wrote

The holder is two and a half inches away from the tip of the bit. These are not the normal short bits. However the maximum diameter (hexagonal cross section shaft) is around 7mm.

Reply to
Alan

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=security+bits>> You Boy at the back! Wake up and pay attention!

OK, I'm standing in the naughty corner :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman