Sealing shower tray

I had a leak from the junction between my shower tray and the tiles which overlap the tray edge leaving a 2-3mm gap between the tiles and tray.

So I've cleaned out the sealant/grouting.

To fill in again, what's best ?

Should I try to fill the gap with grouting first then put a bead of sealant in the corner between the tiles and the tray to make a neat join ? Alternatively try to fill the space between the tiles and tray entirely with sealant, then put a sealant bead in corner to make a neat finish ?

Thanks Tony

Reply to
TonyB

It needs filling completely with silicone

Reply to
Phil L

+1
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

+2 Not the cheap shit. You will regret it. I did :-(
Reply to
Mr Pounder

What's a good make? Which one exactly?

Reply to
JoeJoe

Dow Corning 785. Not cheap (ukp 9 a tube when I last bought some) but very good, you will probably need to pop into a plumbers merchant such as Plumb Centre or Plumbase.

Reply to
rbel

£4.79 at Screwfix... You wos robbed.
Reply to
polygonum

In theory I was but from memory Screwfix delivery is around ukp 5 and the nearest bricks and mortar version is over 20 miles away so if the local Toolstation don't stock what I am looking for it needs to be a builder's/plumber's merchant.

Reply to
rbel

Which brings to mind the 'horse meat' state of mind we're seemingly at right now. It's cheaper for reasons. if you can figure out those reasons and remain happy with your decision - buy cheap.

Rob

Reply to
RJH