Sealing 110mm plastic > Iron joint

Hi,
I'm about to remove a 4" iron soil/vent stack and replace it with plastic.
I intend to "break" the pipe at a vertical socket near to the ground and replace with plastic above.
What material should I use to seal the joint?
David

Joint sealer?
Vortex wrote:

Wind some yarn/heavy garden twine etc round the end of the plastic pipe to bring its diameter up a little so that it sits comfortably in the base of the socket, and then fill with mortar, and flaunch off.
Some piccies here:
http://media.venda.com/wickes/ebiz/wickes/images/gil/73.pdf
--
Cheers,