Sealant for a patio

I've got a new patio, laid in sandstone. It so happens that the area I'd intended for the dustbins, compost bins, etc is also sandstone - it worked out cheaper for the guy to get 2 crates of stone and not something cheaper when he needed just over one for the nice bit.

It looks lovely.

I dare say when the compost has leaked onto it it won't look as nice...

SWMBO is nagging me to get some sealant on it - the whole patio, not just the bins bit. Suggestions? There are an enormous range of sealants...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

There IS an enormous range of sealants...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

And most wear out in about two years. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes, but which ones don't?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

There are tests, and you get to choose which results you like...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

That should give enough time for decomposition to take place.

Reply to
Halmyre

er, what have you put under the patio?

Reply to
tabbypurr

There's an old septic tank full of rubble under part of it, but mostly it's 100-year old domestic rubbish.

Can't comment on Halmyre's one though :)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Brilliant. I'll have a read. I may be some time...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris