screwfix lap lighting

replying to dennis, charlie46 wrote: Sorry to hijack this forum but I installed a set of 10 LAP LED deck lights a couple of years ago and they have now failed. The lamps are OK and work individually when each in turn is connected to the transformer but none of them work when connected via the 10-way junction box, so I guess it must be a problem in the junction box. Anyone know where I can buy a new junction box? If I can get one what spec of cable should I use from the transformer to the junction box - it is running 10 x 0.05W lamps?

Reply to
charlie46

Does the junction box do anything apart from joining? Switch, dimmer or anything? Has it got a fuse in it? If it has any circuitry in it that is broken it could perhaps be easily converted into a passive junction box. The other possibility is that the transformer will no longer produce enough power for ten lights, but that would be an unusual (and fairly easily testable) mode of failure. Are they really 50mW lights, that seems a bit low?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

If they're really 50mW low voltage lamps, you can use any jbox or lashup you want.

This isn't a forum btw, the forum you're using just steals our content.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

For information

alan_m

replying to Stephen Blakemore, Ben Holwell wrote: Hi Stephen, did you ever solve this problem? I have exactly the same issue! I fitted 3 50w pir led flood lights yet one works for a short time then stays on! but two yes TWO replacements are doing exactly the same! timer and sensitivity set to minimum, and there is nothing possibly setting it off, no trees bushes roads or paths, this is baffling me now, the only thing near it is a budget CCTV with IR lighting, I wonder if that would bother it? I've covered its lights but that's not worked.

Reply to
Ben Holwell

I remember that, I never did see anyone post a working hypothesis for why it was happening. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

replying to News, Barry wrote: I bought 9 of your lap lights from screw fix, I have installed them on my kitchen on a lighting ring main. When I turn the lights on, 7 of the lights come on at a mid led colour, the other 2 com on soft white. Is there anything I can do to change this?

Reply to
Barry

What is 'mid led colour'? Which lights are they?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's from homeownershub. Don't expect any sense from them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)