MK Grid Switches

OK when did MK redesign their grid switches?

I have some old style (fix to frame with screw) switches and frames I could reuse provided a modern 3 gang front plate has all the holes in the right places.

I also need to source a old style hidden key switch preferably engraved "EMG LTG TEST", are they still available?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's not old MK grid - the first I remember had sliding clips. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The New style switches are a bit wider than the old ones. Don't know about th emounting holes.

seller has quite a few old style grid stuff (slidey clip style) if you search the seller's other items for grid

Ebay is about the only place you'll find old style ones; new are available from all the main gridswitch manufacturers.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

c. 1997 for Logic becoming Logic Plus, and Grid becoming Grid Plus, I think.

Not sure about the pre-Logic variants.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Hum, that doesn't really fit with when I would have bought the "old", fix with machine screw, grid bits I have. That would have been early

2000's.

I'm assuming that the "new" (current) stuff came in then and with the clip in module fixing method.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

at least 20 years ago.

were then old style ones ever engraved? You had to engrave the cover plate.

Reply to
charles

"Old" MK clipped in. The only machine screws were to hold on th final cover plate. I was installing them in the 1970s.

No

Reply to
charles

I don't have the slidey clip style but a plastic tonge one end and machine screw the other.

Wanders off to try and find an image, fails. Goes and gets said switches, reads the word "Crabtree" on the side. oops, sorry chaps. I was sure they were MK...

Crabtree Rockerswitch range, still seems to be available. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'd try Ebay - but you may have to save a search and wait some time.

I managed to find some NOS '70s Crabtree grid bits that way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Think they changed their design too. At one point, it matched their 'ready made switches' pretty well which is why I liked it.

I do have some spare stock of the early Crabtree rocker grid stuff - mainly grids and plates in coinage bronze and brushed chrome. And a few grids and assorted switches. If you said what you need I'll have a look.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not quite? The modules clip into the grid frame, and still do. The sliding metal clips of 'Grid' were replaced with plastic in 'Grid plus'. Then the grid frame is screwed to the chosen style of back box, and the chosen cover plate is fixed with further screws.

I'd have said "late 90s" to the original question, so 1997 sounds about right to me. There was an even older style (replaceed in the 60s or early 70s?) which had black toggle-style switches, rather than rockers.

Reply to
Andy Wade