screw-mount light fixtures

Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES bulb in a BC socket?

Edinburgh shop preferred.

GoGS don't have them.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === ==== Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739 557 CD-ROMs and free stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic fonts

Reply to
Jack Campin - bogus address

IKEA.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Malcolm

The hoover spares shop in Leith walk do many obscure and interesting bulbs - they probably would know where else to try at least.

I've recently discovered that they are in fact an outpost of GoGS (or, perhaps, GoGS is an outpost of them, it is not clear).

Reply to
Tim Bradshaw

Just got a couple from IKEA. With a rather strange story.

They sell 150W halogen bulbs to go in them. The fittings are rated at 75W max. The sales assistant claims this is OK. Since halogen bulbs aren't that much more efficient than ordinary incandescents, 150W of electricity in must mean more than 75W of heat out. I don't see how this can possibly be legal or safe.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === ==== Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739 557 CD-ROMs and free stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic fonts

Reply to
Jack Campin - bogus address

I missed the OP, so replying to Jack's.

You may want to ring Operon:

Kostas Kavoussanakis

What can they possibly be made out of such that they can only handle

75W? Cheese?

Usually a limit like that refers to the lampshade.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

If the fittings can only handle an upper limit of 75 watts I'd be wary of using them to power anything, let alone a bulb.

Reply to
Mike Dickson