Scrap Price for Copper

Having just had my central heating upgraded, I was looking to recover some of the cost taking the pipe to scrap metal dealer. Anyone know the latest value of this stuff? Wonder if it will cost more in petrol to take it?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

All commodities have plummeted recently.

I'd hang on to it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dunno, but get rid quick. Copper prices appear to have peaked. IANACTOMA*.

Christian.

  • I am not a commodities trader or market analyst
Reply to
Christian McArdle

rubbish

.

of commodity pricing, August is not "recent".

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Reply to
Staffbull

Bloke down the pub told you, did he?

Here's the horses mouth on metal prices. You can see prices from yesterday and before.

Copper and Al went up quite a lot. But they look like they've peaked.)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

yes it was a bloke down the pub, a true pikey! does a lot in scrap, and looks like he was right!!

Reply to
Staffbull

how about taking £60 quids worth of scrap copper in last friday ? how recent do you want it, clive ? there's been no change in the price at the gate for scrap copper. every plumber within 50 miles of me would have erupted with grief about it and I would have heard about this imagined "plummet" several times over.

sorry to the OP, the weigh in reciept is elsewhere so I can't give the price per kilo.

Reply to
.

Just done the same the other day. Got 55 quid for 23kg of clean copper. Well worth it!!

Reply to
visionset

sounds about right, we got £60 for what we took in.

Reply to
.

actaully they are troughing,

*I am sometimes a commodities trader
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not rubbish at all. I know. I watch the prices daily.

Oil down from nearly $80/barrel to $62

Copper peaked at $7600/ton and is now recovering after falling to below $7000

Gold peaked at around $700/oz now around $580

Silver peaked at $13.2/oz now down at $11.1

Platinum peaked at $1275 now down around $1136

CRB commodities index peaked at 315, now down at 281

Check out uk.warrants.com or Reuters or the FT.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yesterday I got about 1.25 per kg for unclean copper (brazy) with brass fittings etc, you can get about £2 for clean stuff but I just couldn't be arsed

Reply to
Phil L

What the f*ck is...

*IANACTOMA*
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

What the f*ck is unclean copper Phillip?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

When you yank the copper pipes off the wall, they have brass fittings on them where they once attached to washing machines, baths, toilets etc, these are 'impurities' and have to be removed manually prior to recycling, also they sometimes have plastic pipe clips, bits of plaster, plastic conduits and all manner of bits and pieces of s**te which need to be cleaned off, hence the lower price.

Reply to
Phil L

I am not a commodities trader or market analyst

Reply to
Phil L

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

You never heard of copper leprosy?

Reply to
Guy King