schluter rema - recommended.

These are little magnetic doodahs for making invisible access hatches in tiled walls. A set of them has just saved me from breaking into a newly tiled wall to get at a leaking shower valve. Very glad I followed my instinct not to irretrievably conceal any plumbing.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Did you put grout around the tiles? If so, how do you remember which tile it is? :)

Reply to
Matty F

Yep, a thin layer on top of silicone. It pops out fairly easily with a knife.

:-)

It's one up and one along. Nowhere else would really make sense for the items it accesses.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

I did something like this to make a box round the pipework at the bottom of a pal's boiler which is just plonked on a kitchen wall. Used dowel round the edge which fitted in sockets in the wall. When tiled it looked like part of the wall. Sadly too much like part of the wall for the boiler service guy...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)