Scaffold Tower 6 x 4 Brand New

Has anyone bought one of these scaffold towers from e-bay. They seem to appear at the rate of 1 or 2 a week. All with the same picture but with several different addresses around the UK...

...just a bit suspicious...

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Probably the same one; people buy it, find it's crap, sell it on ;-)

Reply to
Martin

I would guess they come from the same fabricator as delivery is included, the eBay merchant is just acting as an agent.

Seems expensive for what it is. Starts at £165 + £50. Last one she (elizabluethornberry) sold for £190 + £50 delivery. It has no height adjustable feet, stabilisers or platform boards. Stevenc2112 has sold them for £332 & £220 both plus £55 del. Online price direct from a fabricator would be much less, and you could select one to suit yourself.

Second hand rusty steel towers can be bought locally for under £50, I got one for £15. A second hand alloy tower complete with all accessories can be had inexpensively, I bought a paint splattered one for £230.

Firms will sell on alloy towers often as they fail H&S requirements. For work use they should have stabilisers, and toe boards which are not really needed in a diy situation.

Reply to
Toby

Thanks for the info.

I'll look out for one locally then. £15 sounds like a real bargain...

Colin

Reply to
Colin

It was! but very rusty, and a bit battered, needs a good whack to separate the frames. Used it indoors to plasterboard the ceiling.

For new ones, these look OK:

can highly recommend adding wheels, even just two.

There's an ad I saw below (not mine!), although these look a bit short as they quote 'working' height of 18ft meaning the frames may be 15ft and the platform at 12ft. OK for most stuff but not the gutters.

tower 4x4x18wh £90.00 or 6x4x18wh £120.00

Reply to
Toby