sainsbury's bank number

Brilliant. I'll call them right now.

Reply to
Hywel

That's the creddy card dept. number. From you could more cheaply use 0131 549 8040 or 0800 032 1365.

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:14:07 +0100, "Suz" strung together this:

Excellent, I've been waiting for that for ages. Well done Suz.

Reply to
Lurch

I'm so embarrassed. I was on the phone, the kids were yelling and the guy was giving me the number and I couldn't see a pen, so I decided to type it into a blank email. Only it was a blank post and I hit send. Doh! I just sat down to have a look at diy.uk and when this header loaded it looked familiar followed by the creeping blushing realisation of what I had done.

I'm a diddly anker I know.

*hangs head in shame*

Suzanne

-and yes it was the wrong number to add insult to injury

Reply to
Suz

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:40:22 +0100, "Suz" strung together this:

I wouldn't worry too much, it's no more off topic than half of the other posts in here!

Reply to
Lurch

Doing a Jim? as in "I'm terribly worried about Jim" or ??

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You're not that old surely, Andy?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Lurch writes

In some places it's called "doing a Jim"

Reply to
raden

Sounds a bit suzpect to me...

Reply to
Bob Eager

A vague recollection from the era when the same esteemed radio station played the Berceuse from Faure's Dolly Suite at 1.45 every afternoon....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, just someone in MT who has a talent for posting to MT instead of a cycling group

Reply to
raden

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:15:42 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" strung together this:

Ah, another 'olden days' comment, I assumed it was as I had no idea what was going on!

Reply to
Lurch

'I'm worried about Jim' is indelibly imprinted on those who ever heard Mrs Dale's Diary - even if only a toddler at their mother's knee...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are old. I can't remember anything like that.

Reply to
IMM

You have already demonstrated the shortest of your memory by offering a new solution of the month, suitable for all circumstances every few weeks.

I imagine that you don't even know who Faure was.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's okay - we'll let you off if you post your bank account details and pin number..... :)

Andrew

Reply to
PoP

It could be worse, on one of the uk.rec.cars groups a few years ago there was a long soppy love letter from a guy to his girlfriend. He presumably thought he was emailing her, but had hit 'New Post' by mistake, put her email address in the subject line of the news message and posted it to Usenet instead!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Read