Free 'dial-a-disc' Service

Are you bored? In front of a landline phone and need a few groovy pop songs to lighten up your day? Remember BT's dial-a-disc service from long ago?

Well, courtesy of t-mobile (EE) it's back....

0800 956 2208, and select all the options like a t-mobile user intending to upgrade their phone (er, like me). You'll need a valid t-mobile phone number. Just use one from someone you don't like.

Eventually you'll go on hold and the free party can begin! I had it going for a good 45 minutes yesterday on the speakerphone and it sounded pretty good. Nobody answered, so tonight I'm trying for an even longer record. 24 mins so far.

... Ok, me drugs are wearing off...

Got to day "Wonderful" customer service (read crap). Obviously they know it's me, I entered me number, and I've got limited time to cancel a contract, or funnily they bill me for not giving them more than 30days notice. The only way ye can cancel a contract is to speak to them. I kind of suspect their telephone system is purposely making that event as hard as possible, so I unavoidably default.

Reply to
Adrian C

In article , Adrian C writes

How about raising a formal in writing?

Keep it short and sweet but let them know that you were trying to cancel for X days before the deadline. You don't actually want them to admit their mistake and cough up what you are due, you just want to document the dispute and force them to declare an impasse so you can submit a regulatory complaint.

If it's anything like utility complaints, it's the provider that has to pay the costs of submission to the regulator, about 300quid a pop for utilities. Is it the same for mobile providers?

Reply to
fred

Ah, no need now, it took a total of 2 hours of landline hold time to sort out. I never mentioned to them 30 days notice, but contract now effectively cancelled.

looks like provider pays but I can't find the fees on there. Plus because there would be administration costs involved and risk of negative PR, I'd suppose in most cases consumer wins or gets a no fault 'without prejudice' goodwill settlement.

It *should* be possible to start a cancellation process by text, or online. I seem to remember ISP's had to provide mutiple methods when folks wanted to received MAC codes for changing broadband, or something. I feel a complaint letter of mine coming on, on that....

Reply to
Adrian C

There is a way round this sort of thing. You ring up their sales department. You will get an instant response as they think you are going to buy. Act thick and explain what you want. They will usually put you straight through to where you really want to be. Often too the sales number is an 0800 number and the others are not, so an additional save.. This works about 75% of the time. If you need to ring back, ask if there is another number. Often there is and you can get through much quicker,

Reply to
harry

Now what would be good is a system that replaced any companies music on hold with your personal selections.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 0808

1219999 Customer Services 0808 is sales; select option 2 to be put through to normal customer services menu for free from a landline.

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 Customer Services Via T-Mobile mobile number: 07953 966150 (Charged the same as a call to a T-Mobile phone) or 150 from T-Mobile handset

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 2412 0808

1219999 T-Mobile Direct (Sales) All these numbers have the same menu on, so can be used interchangeably. Also: 0800 956 2208 & 0800 956 2929

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 0808

1214105 Registrations

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 01707

315000 Hatfield Switchboard (Head Office)Customer Services Director's Fax: 01707 311675

T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 0191

501 1900 Doxford Contact Centre Switchboard

This is given as the main contact address for customer services. T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) 0870 606 0139 0845 412 5000 01685

358700 Merthyr Tydfil Contact Centre Switchboard

Sorry about the formatting

Flop

Reply to
Flop

Brian Gaff used his keyboard to write :

Or at least some system which changed the record occasionally.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , at

10:53:48 on Sat, 20 Oct 2012, Harry Bloomfield remarked:

It's probably not legal here (& maybe not there), but in the US there were some call centres that played a local pop music station as the music on hold.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Glad you're sorted.

Excellent

Water and duck's back springs to mind ;-) (captive market and all as bad as each other).

I'm working up to a punch up with orange over the ability to subscribe to roaming bundles by text but the need to call CS in order to cancel them, and of course they are unavailable to take the call (and it's for what used to be known as a level 5 customer so high spend).

Reply to
fred

WordPerfect used to employ a hold jockey to change the record and give info on queue times etc. This was in the 80s or early 90s when such things were new and exciting (and software companies offered free lifetime telephone support).

I think one American church did that, unaware that the local station was having a Gay Hour.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They're all just as bad, IME. I had a similar issue with Orange recently (although they are now part of Nothing Nowhere too). At least T mobile have an 0800 number. I can't find any free numbers for Orange that work, except the 150 from the handset. However reception is crap around here, so I often get cut off mid-call, which is not great if you've already been on hold for 20 minutes.

To add insult to injury the PAC they gave me runs out before the notice period of my contract :-(

Reply to
Mark