Baxi Solo spare part source

A plumber has told me that my boiler carton (the inside casing) is cracked, does anyone have a spare?

It's a Baxi Solo WM40/4 RS

Furthermore does anyone know if this is a regular fault, I am slightly suspicious, as he told me it's caused by someone overtightening the mounting plate screws but I have tried to the same on the other side and no amount of tightening will crack the case. Besides it's never been undone since it was installed.

I have digital photo's if it helps.

Thanks

Reply to
Gill F

There are firms around who hold spares for older Baxi boilers - I got a new fan assembly for my Solo 70/4PF from a firm in Coventry a little while ago.

Look under Central Heating Equipment in the Yellow Pages. If the first firm you try doesn't do Baxi spares, they will probably be able to tell you who does.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

One of the following Baxi phone numbers might help: After Sales Service & Support - 0870 609 6096 Technical Services - 0870 604 9049 Sales Office 0870 606 0623.

Such people can usually name local stockists or offer to supply themselves. I think they are mainly intended fopr professionals seeking support.

Reply to
Brian S Gray