Source for a bowl and a half sink waste

after a couple of times I noticed the plug in our unnamed bowl and a half kitchen sink was leaking ... close inspection revealed that the plastic drainhole it fitted into was cracked. This is held into the underneath part by a big plastic screw.
After a half-dozen visits to so called "plumber supplies", I was told that these waste fittings are supplied with the sink, and not something generic ... which is why none of the generic fittings looked anything close.
Unfortunately I have no idea who made the sink.
I have managed to use a soldering iron and clamp to repair the piece for now.
Can anyone suggest a source for these manufacturer-supplied wastes ... I thought the sink was astracast, but looking at their website, it's close, but no cigar.
Of course I may have fallen foul of what the chap who told me the sorry tale warned me could have happened ....
"You need to contact the sink manufacturer ... that is, if they haven't changed the design".
RANT I thought one of the spurs to the modern age, was the introduction of mass-production, and standard, interchangeable parts. Why hasn't anyone told the plumbing industry. /RANT

These?: <http://www.screwfix.com/p/brushed-stainless-steel-sink-strainer-waste/7 4806>
You are going to the wrong plumbers supplies if they cannot get them in next day. Alan.

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:25:52 +0100, A.Lee wrote:

No, nothing like it. The underneath part does not have an outlet for the overflow. And it's plastic, not steel. I have been googling various online suppliers, and haven't seen it yet. As for plumbers suppliers, none of them claim to be able to get anything like it. I wish I'd photographed it now.
On 26/08/2011 16:40, Jethro wrote:

Screwfix also do the same as in that link, but without the overflow connection. Or just sod it and put in a waste-disposal unit!
SteveW
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:03:17 +0000, Jethro wrote:

FWIW here's a pic of the closest I can find to the sink. Scrabbling around inside the cupboard finds a sticker with loads of names on it, but the ones which I guess are relevant are "ASTRA2" and "Wickes". Which suggests this sink was made by Astracast for Wickes. Emails to the 2 have been despatched.
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:16:19 +0000, Jethro wrote:

the url would help
http://www.astracastdirect.co.uk/UserFiles/Image/products / Overhead_Images/Composite/ MS15WHHOMESK_MS15CHHOMESK_MS10RWHOMESK_MS10RIHOMESK_MS10RSHOMESK_large.jpg

Good luck if it is something that Wickes 'once' sold in their stores... You'll need it. It's likely that the 'country' it came from no longer exists, let alone the company ;)
Even Wickes's waste pipe sizes don't fit with any other manufacturers... I wonder why. It drives me nuts on plumbing jobs!
--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfixbtinternetcom