double bathroom sink - needs 2 HEPVOs?

Have a double wash basin to fit soon. Comes with a double waste kit with normal traps etc. tho I prefer to use HepVO (shared waste run with bath etc)

I have one 32mm HepVo waste already..

So:- do I need HepVOs on each of the wastes from the 2 basins? or is it agreeable to merge the 2 wastes then run thru 1 X HepVo onto the waste pipe run?

any gotchas to ponder?

thanks Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I don't see an issue, other than if the HepVo gets blocked or backs up, water will issue from the empty sink's waste. But that's not a big problem (unlike having a loo back up!).

I have a combined system for my dishwasher and washing machine - 2 40mm standpipes (with screw caps on top for when one or both is not used) feed into a 50mm pipe with a 50mm deep U-trap constructed out of swept bends and swept tees for access. Works really well. Done partly so if one standpipe isn't used and you don't cap it (that was an afterthought), you don't get problem of the U trap drying out, and also I wanted the U trap accessible under the stairs (behind the machines) rather than having to pull heavy machines out if there was a problem...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Never seen any point in isolating 2 wastes in 1 room, except for possibly excessive siphonage. As HepVo doesn't suffer from this, I'd use just one after the pipes merge.

Reply to
PeterC

Yes.

Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

A stage further and I have a query or two - the sink came with a clever low profile double waste kit with traps etc - trouble is it's all nonUK sized - 32mm OD polyprop...

To use the HepVO, I need to "gather" the sink wastes and sink overflows together in a leakproof manner tp present to the included nonUK to 32mm spigot adaptor.

The supplied sink wastes arent slotted (cos they are low profile) and twere intended the oveflows would join to the supplied traps - which of course I don't want to use as traps....

My only bodge around thought up so far is to use only the top half of the 2 supplied traps, some UK 32mm solvent weld pipe to sleeve the nonUK sized pipes into a pair of UK32mm solvent weld 90deg bends, sleeving the other ends of those bends with more UK32mm sw pipe to revert back to the supplied kit for the rest of the run to the HepVO.

Messy! especially as I can't weld the UKsw 32mm pipe sleeves onto the polyprop gear provided - it's a snug push fit but how can I make it more secure? and I suppose demountable...if worst happens...

or

any radically different (constructive) suggestions welcome!!

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K