Ryobi EID11002RV - is there a safety clutch on this or do I go round with it?

Ryobi EID11002RV - is there a safety clutch on this or do I go round with it?

Can not find info saying there is, so therefore it does not?

Reply to
js.b1

No mention of it here:

Dave Osborne

No mention of it anywhere, destructions or online, so I assume not. Screwfix do a similar looking Titan, but I am certain that lacks a safety clutch too for the price.

This however does... AEG PERCUSSION DRILL 1010W SB2E 1010RS Safety clutch Ebay item 190439516870 =A349 (new other - listed as ex display, no case)

Unknown is whether the chuck is 10mm or 13mm, I assume it must be

13mm.

One negative on one item, however it is a well regarded drill elsewhere. Lots of power, 2 speed, variable, does have a safety. It is the old blue model (new models are a nice shade of chevrolet orange, not as bad as Ryobi vomit green). Price is not bad as a risk, since I made an old B&D smoke for 2 days...

Reply to
js.b1

Probably not - I could not see anything on the parts diagram that looked like it would do the job.

(quite a number of high power percussion drills seem to lack clutches unless they are either SDS or marketed as core drills).

Makita do one with a clutch:

even more powerful Bosch:

slightly cheaper one without constant speed feedback control:

John Rumm

That is a very good price.

Have used that from a hire shop when a Makita 2406c clutch failed, the bosch was a wonderful drill.

Will see how the AEG is - it used to be =A3129-147 "in blue" and the replacement "in orange" is pricey. It does have a safety clutch fitted, the Makita is more compact by the look of it. AEG are not junk though, so at =A349 it may be a good buy.

Reply to
js.b1

Yup if memory serves, AEG are owned by TTI as are ryobi. However they are positioned nearer the top end along with their other high end brands like Milwaukee and Atlas Copco. So it ought to be ok.

Reply to
John Rumm

I did notice quite a bit of commonality. Since the ryobi 1010W does not have a safety clutch it does not offer much over halve-the-price Titan 1010W from screwfix. Got the AEG online new with case for =A369 from a hire shop.

There is an opening for a does-everything drill - SDS functionality, dual speed gearbox for core use, safety clutch, 1000W+ power, single handed exchange of SDS & conventional chucks. Otherwise you can end up needing 2-3 drills or repeated hires which over even just a few years soon adds up. Screwfix have the new Marcrist 1500W "made from a bit of torched off bismark's armour belt" at =A3369... looks like it would intimidate a hole in the wall.

Reply to
js.b1