LED Shower head

Anyone installed a shower head with LED's? Just wondering if the LED's actually lasted. I know its a bit of a gimmick but the wife and kids want this kind of shower head in the new refit. I'm not that keen if the LED's only last a short while. I emailed the store and was advised the LED's would be guaranteed for a year but have a 30 000 hours life span. Does that sound about right?

Steven Campbell

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Steven Campbell" saying something like:

It sounds about right for the LEDs to die after 13 months. My experience of LEDs on kettles (another use of pointless gimmickery) is not good - there, they didn't last but three months.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"Steven Campbell" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I predict they'll last longer than the novelty value.

It's not just the LEDs, of course - they're "powered from the water pressure" - so there's a whole raft of unnecessary bollocks in there to go wrong.

Reply to
Adrian

I'd assumed it would just be a 12v supply, but you're right, it won't be annoying having a turbine whirring away overhead will it? Oh no!

And from the video I see they change colour too, how tacky. O/P should talk the family out of it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yeah that is probably the best idea, I'm working on them. Colour and changing colour though wouldn't bother me as its not as if any guests are going to see that. It would purely be the family and unfortunately they are keen on it :o(

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Just tell them that high brightness LEDs are bad for the eyes because of the focused light, being dazzled in a wet area isn't a bright idea( no pun intended )

This ploy worked worked for me'

Reply to
Martop

Mate of mine has a cheaper version in his bachelor pad. He's had it for about two years, showers daily and it's still going strong - dunno if that helps or hinders your decision :-)

Pete Zahut

They're only £139.99 too :-) You could try saying there's a radiation risk - well...

Reply to
dave

Yes the LEDs themselves will outlive everything, but it's the connection to them and the generator which will only last 13 months. I notice for instance that it's the hot/cold cycle that makes the LED in my kettle erratic - first boil it's fine, but top the kettle up and switch on again and the LED just isn't there. It's a Brevel - and did start doing this at 13 months.

By the way another ploy to try to put them off is that the generator to run the LEDs will take so much power out of the water that the shower will be pathetic.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

druggies can't find a vein, and go somewhere else to shoot up.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The CPC one is only 45 quid!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Hey that is cheap. The first one they looked at was £419 :o(

Steven Campbell