Russian Revolutionary Hybrid car

You didn't get it at all. You should be getting your funeral policies in order.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Putting men space?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They were prototypes.

So not a prototype then,

Before the Cromwell British tanks had inferior engines to the Ruskies.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

When will you stop shooting yourself in the foot?

You're not threatening me harm again, are you? Haven't had a good laugh all day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Men space? Is that like mel spice?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

500 Cavaliers and 950 Centaurs were built. That is an awfully large prototype run.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Putting men, as in golfers?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

No, the Germans the Russiansd captured aftwer WW2, were better than the Germans the Americans captured - or, more likely, the USSR gave more importance to the project/

Reply to
charles

If Richard Branson had got his way, Concorde would still be flying *and* making a profit for him.

The only reason it's not is because the French and British governments refused to guarantee a supply of spare parts after withdrawing its airworthiness certfifcate following *one* incident, where a major contributory cause was a piece falling off another aircraft.

Concorde could fly further and faster and carry more load more safely than the TU-144, even after the latter was redesigned.

Reply to
John Williamson

The VC10, which still holds the record for the fastest crossing of the Atlantic by a subsonic commercial aircraft, the Trident, and the BAC

1-11. There are three to be going on with.
Reply to
John Williamson

however, it was either government's fault that the parts for the computer systems were no longer manufactured. They were state of the art in the

60's, but by 2000 ....
Reply to
charles

Still today? I doubt it. Planes like this have a life. Beyond which it becomes too expensive to keep them going. Same as modern cars.

They were supposed to supply spare parts to a private company when they'd already decided it was too expensive to keep supplying them to 'themselves'?

It was still a dreadful waste of resources. Even more so today if it were still flying.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As I heard it, the fleet was about halfway through its design life. I could be wrong, but yes, they would now be coming to their end of life anyway.

They refused totally, whereas they *could* have tried to negotiate a price which kept everyone happy.

I rather think it was never expected to be profitable, even by Branson.

Then again, from some points of view, *all* air travel is a waste of resources.

Reply to
John Williamson

So only pollution in cities natters? Now that is dumb.

Reply to
Fredxx

So this "two-stroke oil" burning machine will save the planet?

Reply to
Fredxx

No, all travel is a waste of resources.

Reply to
Fredxx

What did you think the relationship between torque, power, and speed was?

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Yes - it would have been much better if they'd cancelled it in 1964 instead of TSR2. But the French wouldn't agree, unfortunately.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Its odd that the Russian rocket engines are somewhat better than the American ones are now. In fact the Americans are using the Russian engines in some rockets and have used their designs.

Russia is quite good at designing stuff but quite poor at building them. Almost the opposite of the UK where things are quite frequently a triumph of development over design.

Reply to
dennis

The big problem for Concorde was the construction jigs were destroyed so no more could be built without huge costs.

Reply to
dennis