Russian Revolutionary Hybrid car

The Russians are to sell at the end of the year a new range of 100% elecric drive cars using a revolutionary new rotary toroidal "vane" engine" - some cars will be made in Germany. Some crank in the USA said he invented it. He never. I "believe" the battery pack is small for the car so nearly always runs on the engine. The engine only turns a genny. A dissapointing 67mpg (US). I seems cheap to buy. so I will get my cheque book out:

Doctor Drivel

"it has been said that the swing-piston design combines all the disadvantages of the rotary with all the disadvantages of the reciprocating." (Wikipedia) If there's any truth in it take that to be

67 miles per car.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Prius broken again, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

> "it has been said that the swing-piston design combines all the

Do not go on wikipedia - people make it up there. It is 15 kilos (the weight of the engine) for 30 kilowatts output. 1/4 to 1/3 the size and weight of an normal engine. Amazing power/weight ratio. The battery is small and only gives 2 km range. A bigger battery would have given the car greater mpg. BTW, it is about 75mpg UK. Nothing comes close to it and it is quiet and a dream to drive with a seamless electric transmission - no silly gearbox.

This is a breakthrough. It only took Russian engineers 6 months get the design right. While everyone else is looking at their navels. Further R&d will get it more efficient.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You are a k*****ad. The Prius is the world's most reliable car. But Luddite knobheads wouldn't know that or what a rotary vane engine is.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

>>> "it has been said that the swing-piston design combines all the

The same wiki stupidly says "The basic concept is very similar to the Wankel engine" It is nothing like a Wankel engine.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It hasn't occurred to you you've just confirmed you were lying when claiming to own a Prius? Not that anyone was in much doubt about that anyway.

As regards thar weird and wonderful 'new' engines, they're just one of many over the years which are hyped - but then fail to deliver. History is littered with them.

BTW, 30 kW is approx 40 bhp. Which is less than virtually any car on the market today. The Prius which is a dog performance wise has over three times that as well as a larger battery pack.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

perpetual motion electrickery generator?

Onetap

40hp is quite drivable in the average car, but it does mean digital driving, ie throttle at 0 or 100% most of the time. Its been decades since mainstream cars were like that here, but they still are in many countries.

NT

Reply to
NT

>>> "it has been said that the swing-piston design combines all the

You still haven't worked out that if the engine charges the battery that having a bigger battery makes mpg less? Big batteries only make more mpg if you start with them charged and don't use the engine until they are flat. Then you finish the test and claim really good mpg.

So it hasn't been tested yet.

While everyone else is looking at their navels. Further R&d

Reply to
dennis

Dennis now interjects. Thank You Dennis......

This car has only a range of 2 km on battery. The batteries in hybrids claw back kinetic braking energy, and also take charge for surplus power. That is the Prius can get 75mpg. Those chargeable from the mains as well can get more mpg of course, and overall cheaper running.

It has - even Putin drove it. They are arranging manufacturing. They took order a few weeks back and got 55,000 immediately. They only planned 50,000 in the first year. They can get production up fast because thee battery is small. The problem with hybrids and EVs is getting the batteries.

Thank you Dennis for your valuable input.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Knob, you are jealous of my Prius. The next may be the Ampera or this little Yo-Mobile beauty. Watch this space....----->" "

Only the Wankel ever got into serious production. All others were appalling reciprocating piston engines. That makes two.

Which shows how good the design is.

The Prius zips along, very smooooooooooooooooooth.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

40hp is quite drivable in the average car, but it does mean digital driving, ie throttle at 0 or 100% most of the time. Its been decades since mainstream cars were like that here, but they still are in many countries. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The Yo-Mobile is driven 100% by electric motors. The speed of the engine doesn't have to fully correlate with the driving wheels.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

perpetual motion electrickery generator?

are clearly a confused knob - who cannot read either. Sad but true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

> The mpg is 67mpg US, 56 mpg UK, I "think"

Some reports say 4 litres per 100 km, which is 71 mpg imp. Getting better. One version also can run on natural gas and petrol.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The engine is tiny to the equiv dinosaur engine we have now, for the same output. Also this give a better torque curve, having more power pulses per revolution. It uses far fewer parts as well, so cheaper and easier to make.

Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" wrote: [snip]

Downhill with the engine switched off?

There's no evidence for that, or any of your other stupid claims. You really are the snake-oil salesman's favourite fall guy.

Reply to
Steve Firth

> The mpg is 67mpg US, 56 mpg UK,

A knob interjects.....

You are a known knob. The claims are for 71mpg imp, but yet fully tested. Please continue with your knobness.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is in a very basic car as used to be made. But these days crash regulations etc have made cars much larger and heavier. Many *say* they'd love such a basic car again - but when they are produced no-one buys them...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm jealous of all your imaginary friends too.

Strange the way you lump every single electric or hybrid vehicle together. Is it because you don't have a driving licence so do it all from an armchair?

And the company who first used the Wankle went bankrupt. Mazda still produce one for an exotic sports car. But not for anything else. Despite many years of development. This would tell anyone with half a brain something.

Only in your little world.

More proof you've never been in one - let alone driven it. Even the latest one is still hard work on the motorway compared to other similar sized cars which are cheaper. And stupidly large for a town car in the UK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)